CMS stands for “The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services”
This is a federal agency within the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
The group administers:
- Works in partnership with state governments to administer Medicaid
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Health insurance portability standards
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has additional responsibilities which include:
- Administrative simplification standards from the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Administrative oversight of quality standards in long-term care facilities (also known as nursing homes)
- Administrative oversight Clinical laboratory quality standards under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments
- Administrative oversight of HealthCare.gov
If you are looking for a simple, yet detailed overview of The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services visit Wikipedia. If you use there resources, please make a donation to this great organization.
More about The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid – CLICK HERE